Who are we?
Our company has been in existence since 1874 and througohut these years have have always chosen to give priority to quality and to tradition.
We attach a lot of importance to the finish of our work and to te authentic nature of our methods. In a sector where technique must be at the service of know-how, our company has chosen high-quality craftsmanship. For us, every new project (office buildings, shops, private residences, restoration of property, etc.), triggers the same commitment and the same serious approach.
We guarantee excellent work and a fair price. That is our aim since 1874, it is no invention.
1874 In 1874 the first family member (Jacques Walhin) started carrying out work of painting on buildings. His son, Théophile Walhin, assumed the helm and established himself in Ocquier. His clientèle consisted of the rich of the time, the owners of castles, doctors, clergymen. He moreover specialised in the decoration of carriages
In 1930, his son Albert founded a large company with a view to working on the exhibition at Liège, for the city (the Sauvenière baths), for the army (de anti-tank hideouts), for the NMBS (the Guillemins station), etc. Before the war, Albert Walhin's company had some fifty employees.
In 1935 he carried out works for the Brussels exhibition and afterwards for Cockerill.
In 1939 he worked for the water exhibition of the university of Val Benoît,…
In October 1962, Paul Walhin (the son of Norbert) left the family company of Ouffet and joined the company of his uncle in Liège.
On 1 January 1963 there followed the establishment of the painting company Walhin S.A. At that time many large buildings were erected in Liège and during the 15 years to follow, Albert Walhin had painted and decorated hundreds of apartments.
In 1970 Albert Walhin transferred his shares to his nephew, Paul Walhin, who thus became the principal shareholder of the S.A. and who headed the company until 2000. The company was excellently run and its reputation grew. The Walhin S.A. carried out prestigious works for various Ministries (e.g. the Moulin de Beez, CRM Liège), for the Royal Trust (Stuyvenberg-Laken, Royal Musea).
At the end of 1984, Paul Walhin was joined at the helm of the company by his son Eric and together, for fifteen years, they developed the company’s activities and customer base.
1999 - Present
In 1999, Paul Walhin handed over the management of the company to his son Eric Walhin. He was quickly joined in 2001 by his wife Joëlle and together, they worked to move the company into the future with, among other things, VCA* certification, the application of new techniques and applications, and staff training. By adapting quickly to new technologies, S.A. Walhin continues its journey to the future.